We run regular beach lifeguard courses in conjunction with the Irish Lifeguard Centre. The courses qualify you to work as a beach lifeguard in Ireland and internationally.
The qualification you will receive is the National Beach Lifeguard Award which is internationally recognised. We run courses for new applicants and for those renewing existing qualifications.
Courses are run over 5 consecutive days or over 2 x 3 day weekends and are based in Skerries, Co. Dublin.
What do I need to know?
- The aim is to provide successful candidates with an internationally recognised lifeguarding certificate.
- All classes take place at Outdoor Dublin Skerries
- Course duration is 32 hours with a 6-8 hours assessment
- Candidates must complete a swim of 400m in less than 8 minutes.
- You will receive a beach lifeguard manual and hand-outs on extra material
- Booking is required 4 weeks prior to the start date of each course
- Candidates can use all Outdoor Dublin’s wet room facilities.
New candidate - €350
Renewal candidate - €200
A deposit of €100 is required. You must book at least 4 weeks prior to course start date.
2017 Beach Lifeguard Courses - New Candidates and Renewals
May 5/6/7 + 12/13/14 (Split over 2 Weekends)
May 29 - June 2 (5 Consecutive Days)